Donor FAQs

Thank you for sponsoring a student!

Below are some frequently asked questions to help with your donation experience. If you have a question that is not listed, do not hesitate to contact us

Donor FAQs

How do I make a donation and sponsor a student at a school?

You must have a URL link that takes you directly to the child’s fundraising webpage. You cannot donate to a student by visiting our website. Contact the parent and ask them to email you the link or make a post on a social media site via the share tools on the child’s fundraising webpage. Once you have obtained the link, go to the fundraising webpage and click the “Make a Donation” button.

Am I pledging per lap or a flat donation to help the student reach their goal?

When you click “Make a Donation” you are making a direct donation to the student and their school at that time. Their fundraising goal meter will climb to the top with every donation that is made. There are some cases where schools have a per lap pledge (promise pledge) for which you would be notified and then asked to come back to make the pledge post-event after the child has participated. In most cases laps are not counted, but check with the parent to be sure.

I made an online donation but did not receive a donation confirmation email receipt?

Please fill out our Donation Confirmation form. Please note, the information entered must be the same information used when the initial transaction was processed.

I’ve tried to make a donation but it won’t go through.

There can be many reasons why a transaction is not going through. The most popular are because a work computer is being used and the server is blocking the activity or, unknown to the card holder, there is an issue with the card. If you need further assistance with this matter it is best to contact our office directly for help. 248-895-0206 then prompt 4 durimng business hours.

Are donations for this fundraiser tax-deductible?

To be absolutely certain your pledge donations are tax-deductible, please check with the family whose child your sponsoring and they can check with the school or organization. If they are a non-profit organization you will want to acquire the 501c3 number (tax ID #). All non-profit organizations have a 501c3 number issued to them by the federal government. In most cases the IRS will require an official letterhead receipt for single donations exceeding $250.00 or more. Pease check with your tax accountant for the most up to date IRS rules and regulations.